• Edit all carrier FDM submissions. Analyze and evaluate premium, loss and expense reporting patterns and critically review carrier data submissions and comments for reasonability and accuracy. Make recommendations regarding the acceptance, use and/or modification of carrier data within summary reports.
• Identify data outliers and anomalies through FDM edits and data comparisons to prior submissions and in relation to statewide data
• Make recommendations regarding the acceptance, use and/or modification of carrier data within summary reports
• Contact carriers for data, corrections and/or clarification, diary follow-up contacts regarding data submission, produce status reports of carrier submissions
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in various data sets such as Financial data, Unit Statistical data, Medical data and Indemnity data
• Participate in FDM user acceptance testing
• Timely and consistent attendance
SPECIAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree – B.A. / B.S. Mathematics or Sciences strongly preferred
• None required. Successful completion of one actuarial exam or other insurance industry certification preferred
• Strong organizational, communication, written and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and adapt to various situations. Employee must possess the ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks accordingly. PC proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel is required (use of pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, create tables, formulas, charts, and graphs) and experience in Microsoft Word. Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and outside contacts.